The Ultimate Guide: How to Connect a Printer to Your iPhone or iPadBrother Canon EPSON HP
How to Connect Printer to iPhone or iPad? Printing documents and photos directly from your iPhone or iPad can be incredibly convenient, whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go. With the advancement of technology, connecting your iPhone to a printer has become simpler than ever. In this guide, we will explore two methods to print from your iPhone or iPad: using AirPrint and without AirPrint.
Check Compatibility and Requirements
Before we dive into the setup process, it's important to ensure that your printer and iPhone are compatible and meet the necessary requirements. Make sure that your printer supports AirPrint, Apple's wireless printing feature, and that your iPhone is running on a compatible iOS version. Visit your printer website or refer to the printer's manual for specific compatibility details.
This guide is compatible with HP printers, Canon printers, Brother printers, Epson printers and another printer brands.
How to Print from iPhone or iPad with AirPrint
AirPrint is a built-in feature on iOS devices that allows seamless printing without the need for additional apps or software. It enables you to print wirelessly to compatible printers within the same Wi-Fi network. Here's how you can print using AirPrint:
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPad and your AirPrint-enabled printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the document, photo, or webpage you want to print on your device.
- Tap the Share button, usually represented by a square with an arrow pointing upward. It is typically located at the bottom or top-right corner of the screen.
- From the Share menu, select the Print option.
- A list of available AirPrint printers will appear. Tap on your desired printer.
- Configure the print settings, such as the number of copies, page range, and paper size, if necessary.
- Finally, tap the Print button to start printing your document or photo.
✨ Learn more about how to refilling toner for your printer model.
How to Print from iPhone or iPad without AirPrint
If you don't have AirPrint available or your printer doesn't support it, don't worry! There are still several ways to print from your iPhone or iPad without AirPrint. Let's explore some alternative methods:
Using a USB cable and adapter
One method to print from iPhone or iPad without AirPrint is by using a USB cable and adapter. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your printer using a USB cable.
- Turn on the printer.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap "Printers & Scanners."
- Tap "Add Printer or Scanner."
- If the printer is not listed, tap "Add Printer Manually."
- Follow the instructions to add your printer.
- Once your printer is added, you can print documents, photos, and other files from your iPhone or iPad.
Please ensure that the USB cable utilized is compatible with the printer.
Using a third-party app
There are several third-party apps available that allow you to print from your iPhone or iPad without AirPrint. These apps offer additional features beyond what AirPrint provides, such as printing from multiple apps, adjusting print settings, and even printing to network printers. Some popular third-party printing apps include:
- Printer Pro by Readdle
Download and install these apps from the App Store. Once installed, follow the app's instructions to set up and configure your printer. Then, you can start printing from your iPhone or iPad using the third-party app.
Some printers have an email address assigned to them, allowing you to send print jobs via email. To print a document, photo, or file using email:
- Open the document, photo, or file that you want to print on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Share button.
- Select "Mail."
- Enter the printer's email address in the "To" field.
- Tap "Send."
- The printer will receive the email and print the document, photo, or file accordingly.
Your printer will receive the email and automatically print the document, photo, or file you sent. Make sure to check your printer's manual or manufacturer's website for instructions on setup and using the email printing feature.
Using a Bluetooth printer
If your printer has Bluetooth capabilities, you can print from your iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth. Follow these steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your printer.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap "Bluetooth" and make sure it's enabled.
- Under "Devices," tap the name of your printer.
- Once your printer is paired, you can print documents, photos, and files from your iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth.
Remember, these alternative methods offer flexibility and convenience when printing from iPhone or iPad without AirPrint. Choose the method that suits your specific printer and preferences.
How to Change the Paper Size on iOS Devices
When printing from your iPhone or iPad, it's essential to ensure that you have the correct paper roll size selected for your printer. Fortunately, iOS devices provide the flexibility to adjust the paper width settings to match your printer's specifications. Here's how you can change the paper roll size on your iOS device:
- Open the document or image: Start by opening the document or image that you want to print on your iOS device.
- Tap the Share icon: Look for the Share icon, typically located in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Tap on it to reveal a menu of options.
- Select Print: tap the "Print" option.
- Choose the Paper Size: In the printing settings, you will find various options to customize your print settings. Look for the "Paper Size" option and tap on it.
- Select the desired paper size: A list of available paper sizes will appear on your screen. Choose the paper size that best suits your printing needs by tapping on it. Options may include standard sizes such as Letter, Legal, A4, and more.
- Adjust the paper width (if needed): To change the paper width to accommodate specific requirements. locate the "Width" field and tap on it and enter the desired width.
- Tap Print: Once you have selected the desired paper size and made any necessary adjustments, tap the "Print" button to initiate the printing process. Your document or image will be printed according to the chosen paper size.
⚠️ Important Note: When printing an image, it will be printed at its original size, regardless of the paper size chosen.
How to View and Cancel a Print Job
Once you've sent a print job from iPhone or iPad, it's essential to know how to manage and control your print queue. Here's how you can view and cancel print jobs:1. Viewing Print Jobs:
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap "Printers & Scanners."
- Select the printer from the list of available printers.
- You'll see a list of print jobs in the queue, displaying the document name, status, and any relevant options or settings.
- You can scroll through the list to view all the pending print jobs.
2. Canceling a Print Job:
- To cancel a specific print job, tap on the job in the print queue list.
- A menu with options will appear.
- Tap "Cancel Printing" or a similar option to cancel the selected print job.
- Confirm your decision if prompted.
- The print job will be removed from the queue and won't be printed.
It's worth noting that the steps to view and cancel print jobs may vary slightly depending on your printer model and the printing app or service you're using. The general process remains similar across most devices and apps.
In this comprehensive guide, printing from iPhone or iPad can be a seamless and convenient process with the right methods and tools at your disposal. We have explored some primary ways to print from iOS devices.
When you have an AirPrint-enabled printer, you can enjoy the simplicity of wireless printing directly from your iPhone or iPad without the need for additional apps or configurations. It offers a hassle-free solution for printing documents, photos, and more.
If your printer doesn't support AirPrint, don't worry! You still have several alternatives to connect your iOS device to a printer. By utilizing a USB cable, third-party apps, email, or Bluetooth printers, you can establish a connection and unleash the printing capabilities of your iPhone or iPad.
Happy printing from your iPhone!